Aviation Technology and Aerodynamics for Schools
Program and Equipment
last updated Tue,
Information about our equipment and recommended equipment here.
One-day lab course for school classes ages 10 to 16, offered 2-3 times a week 9:00 am - 14:00 pm in the NW-Zentrum
Special programs for older students: Please ask us.
Airbus factory visits at the production site Hamburg-Finkenwerder available under:
Lufthansa Technik aircraft repair and maintenance site visits in Hamburg-Fuhlsbuettel on request
Special offers for schools
According to the offers of our partners the AVIATION WORKSHOP is helping you to build up communiction to industry, universities and associations.
- Ages 16-19: "Besondere Lernleistung / Special Learning Initiative" in the field of aircraft production, aerodynamics for single students in cooperation with the technical college Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften (HAW), Hamburg Berliner Tor, Flugzeugbau
- Ages 16-19: "Besondere Lernleistung / Special Learning Initiative" in the field of jet motors and aerodynamics for single students in cooperation with the university Universität der Bundeswehr Hamburg Holstenhofweg
- In-service teacher training visiting the German Lufthansa Technics, Hamburg-Fuhlsbuettel
- In-service teacher training visiting the production site of Airbus Germany, Hamburg-Finkenwerder
- Ages 10-12: In-service teacher training about the curriculum topic "Science/Techniology 5/6" in the NW-Zentrum Hamburg or State Institute of Teacher Training and School Development, Felix-Dahn-Str. 3, 20357 Hamburg, Germany
- In-service teacher training about aerodynamics for ages 16-19 together with the technical college Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften (HAW), Hamburg Berliner Tor
- Ages 10-16: Job coaching: Professions obtained by vocational training in the metropolitan area of Hamburg (cooperation with VDMA and the Verband Nordmetall as well as VDI Hamburg)
- Ages 16-19: Job coaching: Studies offered in the metropolitan area of Hamburg (HAW, TUHH, Helmut-Schmidt-Universität der Bundeswehr)
Requests please via Email.
Information material (students/teachers)
- The entire script as a background (German): Begleittext.pdf (aprx. 4,3MB) (will be given in printed form to users of the lab course)
- CD-ROM (texts pdf, images, films, transparencies, textbook with work sheets (Begleitheft mit Arbeitsbögen)) (will be given in printed form to users of the lab course, also see Download)
- Ages 10-16: Book:
Klaus Liebers: "Vom Fliegen", Naturwissenschaften, Cornelsen / Verlag Volk und Wissen, Berlin 1998, ISBN 3-06-020930-8, www.vwv.de/webtipp_physik.html, ca. EUR 10,- (will be given in printed form to users of the lab course)
- Materials by the companies Airbus and Lufthansa Technics (will be given in printed form to users of the lab course)
- Ages 10-16: Urgent recommendation:
Bernd Heepmann: "Vom Ballon zum Airbus", Flug&Fliegen, 160 pages, Cornelsen Verlag Berlin, ISBN: 3-464-07428-5, ca. EUR 11,50
Data und Information online:
Recommendations of experimental equipment for students at school
- Measurement of pressure: PASCO PASPort-Sytem (Win/Mac): differential pressure sensor
- Measurment of forces: Vernier or PASCO or Cassy (LD Didactic, only MSWindows)
- NTL (see catalog): Fan, profiles, foil model (the fan is very loud)
- Phywe (see catalog www.phywe.de)
- Wind canal and profiles by LD Didactics (pretty expensive, should be redesigned...)
- Ages 10-19: Our computerized measuring workplace can be rebuilt by schools.
- For addresses of dealers see www.schul-physik.de -> Händler
5/6 und Sek.I: Models, Toys, Construction Sets (extract)
- Model "HandyFly" made of soft styrofoam, Conrad Elektronik
- Modification "Measurestickplane" from "HandyFly", a wooden stick with scale, rubber bands and an optional rudder
- Rubber motor model (Set) "mini light",Conrad Elektronik
- Balsawood-airplane Set 102.021 Opitec, www.opitec.de
- Paperboard rocket Set (see our instructions)
- Different models and Sets from toy stores
- Bird model, flying "Flattervogel": Lilienthalmuseum (Anklam, M.V.)
- 70cm-model for rubber band start, Günther, Conrad Elektronik
- Aerobie frisbee-ring, www.aerobie.com
- Big hot air balloon: painter foil 4m X 12,5m "light" (Baumarkt), scotchtape/stickytape, 2-3 Gaz-cartouch burner, string to attach (important to protect airplanes), Maschendraht-Trommel als Starthilfe, damit die Plane nicht in die Flammen weht.
Please see the security hints in Begleittext (pdf)!
- Model plane that uses the Flettner principle (Magnus effect): www.fanwing.com
Please send us your opinion and wishes to email@example.com .
Please also consider a visit to the "DLR_Schoollab_Hamburg".